What is the function of insulating sleeve?
Introduction of Insulating Sleeves:
Insulating sleeve is a very high temperature resistant tube commonly used as thermal protection for wires, cables, and hoses that are constantly exposed to very high temperature environments such as engines, exhaust system. An insulating sleeves looks like a tube or cylindrical and are chrome plated interface, rotating thread which is rust free and is completely flexible to environmental changes. They are available in different shapes, sizes and materials to meet the special requirements in the industrial context. Mainly they are made up of ceramic, rubber, silicon or rubber and are highly resistant to temperature and electric shocks. Let’s see the significance of Insulating sleeves.
SS Khardekar are one of the masters in producing and supplying the
High density sleeves
In a very short period of span SS khardekar India pvt Ltd have mastered the skill of making quality products for Casting and foundry industry.
FUNCTIONS OF INSULATING SLEEVES:
The major function of an insulating sleeve is to provide thermal insulation. Sleeves minimize transfer of heat between two surfaces and act as a wall between components and prevents accidents due to burns and shocks.
Insulating sleeves provide an efficient thermal insulating layer thereby preserving the temperature in the riser for an long extended period. Insulating sleeves give a thermal protection for wires, cables, hoses which are extremely high in temperature they are subjected to continuous and extremely high temperatures & chemical treatments. Let’s see how insulation works in different industries and applications.
• Electric Insulation- It prevents electrical leakage of currents, shocks, short circuits in a wire and prevents wire from reaching other wires or cables nearby. It also preserves the material integrity of the wire by protecting it from environmental elements such as water and heat. The life and effectiveness of the wire depends on its insulation.
• Mechanical Support– Insulating sleeves help in protecting the wires and cables of the industrial set up they prevent the fragile and vulnerable equipments from abrasion, rust, moisture and environmental conditions.
• Corrosion resistance- Insulating sleeves are made from materials which are entirely corrosion resistance and can be used for a longer period of time like rubber, plastic or silicon. These sleeves are constantly exposed in corrosive nature of working like chemicals or moisture but they are sustainable. The prime reason to choose these insulating sleeves due to their anti-corrosive quality.
• Sound Control– Insulating sleeves are curated in such a smart way that they perform precisely without making much noise and making the workplace more quiet and peaceful to work. This enables to concentrate on the activities in a much linear manner without creating an extra huddle which is very much necessary for industrial and factories.
• Chemical tolerance- The insulating sleeves have a high level ability to endure itself from any kind of chemical attacks and due to this property they are less likely to corrode and maintain the integrity in such a corrosive environment. It also helps to innovate unique and new combinations.
• Highly Adjustable and versatile- These Sleeves are the most versatile and flexible to use as they have enormous properties to make the work easier and convenient and they also come in various sizes and shapes for a perfect customization of casting. They provide thermal insulation and the material used is environment friendly, protect the wires and cables, chemical friendly and anti corrosive to make them the one-in-all package.
SS KHARDEKAR ARE ONE OF THE PIONEERS IN THE FOUNDRY PRODUCTS, THEY ARE MOST EXPERIENCED AND RELIABLE SOURCE IN INDIA FOR FOUNDRY PRODUCTS.
CONCLUSION- Insulating sleeves are the perfectly tailored sleeves to meet all the industrial requirements. They are great inputs. Insulation is mandatory at so many levels in industries and manufacturing and these insulating sleeves ensure safety, protection, quality, durability and longevity in the entire working system.