KOREFINISH ZR is in thixotropic liquid form off-white coloured Water Based Zircon coating suitable mainly for Brushing application. Due to the presence of High Quality Zircon, It offers excellent thixotropic properties resulting in superior suspension &excellent performance at High Temperatures. It is suitable for use on most sand binder backgrounds & for almost all metal cast, including critical castings in cast iron & steel.
- Colour - Off-white liquid
- Specific Gravity - 2.0-2.3 gm/cc
- Dilution Ratio - 1: 0.25-0.30 (PRODUCT:WATER)
- KOREFINISH ZR is used for all grades of Cast Iron & Steel & for Aluminium. Also can be applied on Cores & Moulds of Cold Box, Hot box & Shell Resin.
- It is mainly suitable for brushing applications& optionally for dipping/ spraying by slight dilution.
- To achieve homogenous & dense coating film, drying of the coating has to be conducted in an oven at temperature 160oC +/-10oC for one hour.
- As the product is supplied in thixotropic form, thorough mixing of all ingredients takes place at the time of manufacturing.
- Less preparation time & fast deposit of coating on cores.
- Evolve negligible gas during pouring. Reduces rejection to casting blow hole as the coated cores do not rehydrate even on storage.
- It gives uniform & complete coverage & ensures good casting finish, free from veining, finning, sand fusion & metal penetration. Thus reduces casting cleaning cost.
KOREFINISH ZR has a shelf life of 6 months from the date of manufacture. The product should be stored at room temperature under roof & away from direct Sunlight & moisture.
KOREFINISHZR is available in 40 Kg Poly carboys.
- To prevent drying of the coating, replace the lid of the carboy immediately.
- Avoid skin contact& protect eyes from spillage. In case of skin contact, wash with water immediately.
- Do not dilute the content of coating as too much water will reduce suspension & increase penetration into core & mould.