KOREFINISH SPCA is special type to of brown colored water base coating containing High Quality Refractory Material for clean casting in as cast stage. It imparts low reactivity to the metal oxides and delivers excellent casting surface finish especially in the as cast stage.
It is suitable for dipping applications of Resin Bonded core in the production of the critical Grey Cast Iron & S. G. Iron castings. It is recommended for complex cores and core packages used in the production of castings such as Cylinder heads, Cylinder blocks, brake and hydraulic parts where intricate passage should be clean in the as cast stage.
- Colour - Bricks Red Colored liquid
- Specific Gravity - 1.3-1.4 gm/cc
- Solid content - 43-45%
- Dilution Ratio - KOREFINISH:WATER – 1:0.35 to 1:0.40
- Application Viscosity (By B4 Cup) - 14-16 seconds (Measured by B4 CUP)
- KOREFINISH SPCA is used for Grey Cast Iron & S. G. Iron castings especially Automobile castings. It can be applied on Cores & Moulds of all types of Resin Bonded Cores.
- It is suitable for Dipping, Spraying, Brushing & Flooding or over-pouring type applications.
- After coating applications, the cores are dried in an oven at temp. between 150 - 180OC for one hour which ensures uniform, homogenous & dense coating
- It ensures sufficient coverage & coating thickness in just one deep instead of multiple deep.
- It reduces drying time & increases productivity.
- It reduces uses of Chromite or Special sand required during core making.
- Clean internal passages in the as cast stage&wide uniform coverage ensures good casting surface finish, free from veining & fining, sand fusion & penetration thus lowers the shot blasting, fettling & grinding costs.
KOREFINISH SPCA has a shelf life of 4 months from the date of manufacture.The product should be stored in cool & dry place. Lids of partly used Carboys should be replaced tightly.
KOREFINISH SPCA is available in 25 Kg Poly carboy/bucket.
- Remix the carboys contents thoroughly before transferring it to the dilution tank.
- Monitor the viscosity at periodic intervals especially after every two hours.
- Use Slow speed mixer to avoid air entrapment during continuous mixing.
- To avoid formation of bacteria, clean the dip tank weekly.