KOREFINISH GR is in thixotropic liquid Dark Grey/ Black coloured water base coating containing High Quality Refractory Material & Graphite. It imparts low reactivity to the metal oxides & delivers excellent casting surface finish especially at High Pouring Temperatures.
It is suitable for dipping applications of Resin Bonded Complex core in the production of the castings like Cylinder Blocks, Cylinder Heads & the hydraulic components. It is recommended for Grey Cast Iron, S. G. Iron & Non Ferrous Alloys.
- Colour - Dark Grey/ Black coloured liquid
- Specific Gravity - 1.35-1.40 gm/cc
- Solid content - 45-50 %
- Dilution Ratio - KOREFINISH:WATER – 1:0.25 to 1:0.35
- Application Viscosity (By B4 Cup) - 13-16 seconds
- KOREFINISH GR is used for Grey Cast Iron, S. G. Iron & Non Ferrous Alloys castings especially Automobile castings. It can be applied on Cores & Moulds of all types of Resin Bonded Cores.
- It is suitable for Dipping, Spraying, Brushing & Flooding or over-pouring type applications.
- After coating applications, the cores are dried in an oven at temperature between 150-180 oC for one hour which ensures uniform, homogenous & dense coating film.
- Dipping Applications coupled with low preparation time & speedy deposit of coating on the cores offers high productivity.
- As it is in thixotropic liquid form ensures thorough uniform mixing of all ingredients during manufacturing.
- It offers wide uniform coverage which ensures good casting surface finish, free from veining & finning, sand fusion & penetration thus lowers the shot blasting, fettling & grinding costs.
KOREFINISH GR has a shelf life of 6 months from the date of manufacture. The product should be stored in cool & dry place. Lids of partly used Carboys should be replaced tightly.
KOREFINISHGRis available in 30 Kg Poly carboy/bucket.
- Remix the carboys contents thoroughly before transferring it to the dilution tank.
- Monitor the viscosity at periodic intervals especially after every two hours.
- Use slow speed mixer to avoid air entrapment during continuous mixing.
- To avoid formation of bacteria, clean the dip tank weekly.